Re: [amibroker] Re: New file uploaded to amibroker

Thanks Fred. I understand that when I am creating an array based upon a security, AB will give me an 'AB home made' array for this security. There is no problem about. But I am not using data coming from a security but creating my own time serie for let's say 'Modern Portfolio Theory' ( Eff. Frontier ) and want to show the EF using the created arrays with the GFX instructions. That's all ...

Regards, Ton.

----- Original Message -----
From: Fred
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 6:41 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: New file uploaded to amibroker

If we are talking OUTSIDE of AB / AFL like in vbs etc ... yes it does.

Inside AFL it essentially does the same thing as well ... However,
you would also by default have available elements 12 i.e. [11]
through the number of bars in the charted security. The simple way
to think of this is that AB is providing the DIMENSION statement for
you and it will contain the same number of elements that are in the
charted security and it will be aligned to the charted security.
Hwever you can use whatever elements of the array you want ... If for
some reason that's only 1 through 10 then so be it.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Ton Sieverding"
<ton.sieverding@...> wrote:

> Correct about 11 elements of course. Quickie. Sorry for that. But I
still do not understand what the difference between the size of an
array and the number of elements in an array is. Forget AFL for a
moment. When I create an array with one of the popular statements
like DIMENSION MyArray(10) does not give me this the same result as
underneath mentioned For Loop ? I am probably missing something ...

> Regards, Ton.