RE: [amibroker] Background color

Thanks Chris,

That worked. I should have thought of that, but I guess I just went Brain Dead.

Don

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ChrisB
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 6:07 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Background color

Don

**********

// another Way.afl
// background vis a vis MA(c,200);

p = Param("period", 200, 10, 200, 10);
Cond1 = Close > MA(C,p);
Cond2 = Close < MA(C,p);

// Layer 1: this becomes the first or front layer "on top"
Plot(C,"", colorWhite, 64);

// Layer 2: this layer is behind Layer 1
Plot( MA(C,p),"", IIf(Cond1, colorBlue,IIf(Cond2,colorRed,colorBlack)),1);

// Layer 3: plots the false background behind Layer 2, and so on...

Plot(Param("Height",100,1,100,1),"",IIf(Cond1,
colorRed,IIf(Cond2,colorBlue,colorBlack)
),styleArea|styleOwnScale|styleNoTitle|styleNoLabel|styleNoRescale,0,100);

// Layer 4: hides behind the false background layer...
Plot( EMA(C, 30),"", colorYellow,1);

SetChartBkColor(colorBlack);
SetChartOptions(1,0,1);

***************
***************
The order of the plot affects which plot is "in front"
Try moving these around.

This code still hides the selector line because it plots a false
background over it.

My workaround is to adjust the height of the plotted colors.

If there is a better way I look forward to hearing about it.

Regards

ChrisB

Don Lindberg wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Is there a way to add your code to an existing chart so that it appears
> BEHIND original chart. I have commented out the plot of C, so I only get
> the background color bars and the MA, but when I drag it into an
> existing chart it sits on top, and my original chart is not visible.
> This would be very useful to me if I can solve this problem.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Don Lindberg