Re: [amibroker] Re: Programming Techniques - Modules

Fred --
Sorry, I have to disagree.  If it were the case, I'm sure I would manage to use the same function name twice and not know it.  Then chase my tail even more than I do now.

A single #include takes only one line of code anyway.

Fred wrote:

I'd be a lot happier on the day that NO #Includes for subroutines
and/or functions are required but instead are automatically picked
up by virtue of the fact that they are unidentified in the afl but
are stored some place like \amibroker\formulas\includes.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "JD Fagan" <jd.fagan@xx.> wrote:

> The day nested #includes are possible, I'll be a very happy AB
user :)

> http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/view_bug.php?bug_id=77
>
> JD
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, Keith McCombs <kmccombs@> wrote:
> >
> > AB has both *#include* and *function*s. Unfortunately, no
*#define* or
> > nested *#include*s (at least not yet).
> >
> > David Weller wrote:
> > >
> > > Up to now I have been cutting and pasting code to create my
systems
> > > and indicators. Some are becoming very big and it would seem
to make
> > > sense to "module-ize" these as "all good programmers are
taught".
> > > It just seems to make sense to parse out the AT Interface,
> > > Informational functions to help in the decision process
(RS,CCI,
> > > Resistance and Support, Reversals indicators, volume pressure,
etc.)
> > > used in the Exploration but are not part of the actual trading
> system,
> > > enhancements using color in the exploration and
interpretations, as
> > > well as others tested parts. Is the #include the way to go?
Or is
> > > there some other technique I should consider like creating a
> > > "function" --- to help create modules and reuse code.
> > >

> > > Thanks Dave