Re: [amibroker] Re: linnear regression help please

Hi Fred,
           many thanks you for your reply,,,,

i'm not 100% sure how the indicator works but appear to have scratched my way to an answer,,,is this last line ok ??,,,i've run it and checked results ,,seems to work ok to me,,(?),,,

thanks again Fred,,,
Paul

x = Cum(1);

lastx = LastValue( x ); Daysback = 60; aa = LastValue( LinRegIntercept( Close, Daysback) );

bb = LastValue( LinRegSlope( Close, Daysback ) );

y = Aa + bb * ( x - (Lastx - DaysBack) ); Plot( Close, "Close", colorBlack, styleCandle );

Plot( IIf( x >= (lastx - Daysback), y, -1e10 ), "LinReg", colorRed );

Filter=Ref(y,0)>Ref(y,-1);

A positive number from this built in function should indicate that
it's positive ...

LINREGSLOPE
- linear regression slope Statistical functions

SYNTAX linregslope( ARRAY, periods )
RETURNS ARRAY
FUNCTION Calculates linear regression line slope from the ARRAY
using periods range.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "paulradge" <paulradge@x..> wrote:

> Hi,
> i need to include a line in my exploration that says the
linear
> regression channel slope 60 day period is upward,,,,
>
> i have tried and don't want to embarrass myself any further
publicly,,, so
> can anyone help or give advice please,,,???
>
> maybe there's something else that would trend define very similar
to a
> linregslope 60 period pointing upward and keep the exploration
speed
> up,,,(?)
>
> humbly
> Paul