[amibroker] Re: Revised Industry Classifications from TeleChart

Samantha,

The TC2000 plugin classifies stocks into sectors and industries based
on information from TeleChart.  It automatically creates an
AB "folder" call Sectors, which has subfolders for each Industry,
which then includes all of the industry's stocks and the Hemscott
Industry Average (Symbol:  MGxxx).  You can use IndustryID and
SectorID functions in AB to determine Sector/Industry for a stock.

I'm trying to understand the impact on AB of a stock's re-
classification in TeleChart.  Would hope that it's re-classified
automatically in AB, but don't know of any examples, so can't prove
it one way or another.

David

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "samu_trading" <samu_trading@xxx>
wrote:

> David,
>
> I am looking for industry/sector classification of stocks in AB.
How
> does it work with TC2000 plugin? How can you see the
sector/industry
> of a stock?
>
> Thanks, Samantha
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "david.weilmuenster"
> <dweilmuenster95125@> wrote:
> >
> > If TeleChart changes the Industry classification for a stock,
does
> the
> > TC2000/TCNet Plug-in automatically convey that change to
AmiBroker?