[amibroker] Re: OLE: How to save reports ?

Thomas,

I assume you know that the tickers under test are included in the
official html back-test reports, and that this is not what you're
after.

What you perhaps could do, assuming you know up-front which list you
test, is to define within CBT your own list via the usual way:

Say your WatchList is 3, then:
List = CategoryGetSymbols( categoryWatchlist, 3);

Within CBT you can paste this long string as:

bo.AddCustomMetric("Tickers under test =", List );

Obviously this will result in 1 long list, so you may have to find
fancier ways to create your own list in order to enter line breaks
between tickers by using

for (x=0; (sym = strextract(....) etc.

PS

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Thomas Zmuck" <tzmuck@xxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks.
> It's a shame because i have to copy my custom backtest statistics
from 5
> different reports that i receive for my 5 portfolios. AmiBroker
saves all
> the reports in a folder which includes date, etc.. in the folder
name and
> which is therefore different at every backtest. Hmm, it seems that
this
> means that i can't open my reports in the web browser.
>
> However it would also be helpful if i could display the tested
watchlist (my
> portfolios) in the report. Do you know if there is any way to
retrieve the
> selected watchlist ?
>
> Watchlist = ....
> bo.AddCustomMetric("Watchlist", Watchlist);
>

> Regards
> Thomas
>

> 2007/5/30, vlanschot <vlanschot@xxx>:
> >
> >   FWIW, below is the reply I got from Marcin on a similar
question I
> > asked support:
> >
> > "This is because REPORT method works with the old backtester. The
new
> > (portfolio) backtest creates the report automatically and there
is no
> > need
> > to call Report method at all.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Marcin Gorzynski
> > Amibroker.com <http://amibroker.com/> Technical Support"
> >
> > My intitial question was:
> >
> > > Marcin, I just send you a mail asking whether you can explain
why my
> > > html-report is not saved in my y-drive as the code in the j-
script
> > > requests. Turns out that AB does save reports of the tested
system,
> > but
> > > under the name of the afl-file, and under the c-drive. Why???
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> >
> > As a result, I've put a request in the feedback centre to be able
> > assign the drive where the report should be saved.
> >
> > PS
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <amibroker%
40yahoogroups.com>, "Thomas
> > Zmuck" <tzmuck@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello Dingo,
> > >
> > > I have tried different possible solutions, also the one you
> > mentioned, but i
> > > don't get it to work. I test 5 portfolios multiple times every
day
> > and would
> > > like to open all the 5 reports in the browser. Than, after the
> > backtest, i
> > > could simply click refresh all to get all reports updated in the
> > browser.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Thomas

> > I haven't