Re: [amibroker] once again, this AFL fights you every step of the way. Sorry, this is a badly

Maybe you really meant "Sell =BarsSince(Buy)==5" instead of "Sell =BarsSince(Buy)=5"?
You must use == instead of just = to test instead of set.

Homar Simpson wrote:

coded language, power is not useful if its obtuse and idiosyncratic at
every step. I waste too much time in AFL perverseness.

Why is a simple

Buy = Cross( Close, test1 );

Sell =BarsSince(Buy)=5;

giving me RANDOM exits, some at bar 6, many at bars wildly greater
than 6 after entry.

Using tick data on an X minute scan.