[amibroker] how can you make this work

lets look at the following

if you calculate a and it returns a positive number
then calulate b and it returns a negative number
then try to calculate a - b = c why is c the total of the absolute
values of a and b. I know that 1 -(-2) = 3 because the double
negative make it positive but if you are looking for the difference
beween the two and want to plot it as a mid range between the two it
will plot a value greater than a (3) instead of between a and b (-.5)
which is the value we are looking for in this case. So I am assuming
we would have to use and if then statement to get the correct answer
is that correct.

Disq