Re: [amibroker] Re: Nested Switch() statements

Thanks Nigel. I have a serious problem with the following remark :

> If you leave out the break statements, and
> _expression_==constant_expression1 you will execute statement1 (what you
> wanted)
AND ALSO statement2 AND ALSO statement3 AND ALSO ... statementN
> AND ALSO statement_default.

So what you are telling me is that after having executed statement1, SWITCH will execute all the other case statements too. Because there is no break. I am using the SWITCH ( Visual Foxpro called DO CASE ) statement and never have seen this. Once one of the cases it true, the corresponding command will be executed and you're leaving the SWITCH structure. There are no breaks needed to exit SWITCH. Is this different in AFL ? Please reed underneath mentioned help text from MS Visual FoxPro :

CASE lExpression1 Commands ...   When the first true (.T.) CASE _expression_ is encountered, the set of commands following it is executed. Execution of the set of commands continues until the next CASE or ENDCASE is reached. Execution then resumes with the first command following ENDCASE.

If a CASE _expression_ is false (.F.), the set of commands following it up to the next CASE clause is ignored.

Only one set of commands is executed. These are the first commands whose CASE _expression_ evaluates to true (.T.). Any succeeding true (.T.) CASE expressions are ignored.

Of course what I should and will do is test what the AFL SWITCH really does ...

Regards, Ton.