[amibroker] OT: Yahoo data downloads

At the time of writing Yahoo!Finance lists 37,696 tickers from approx
523 exchanges world wide.

They even list the NZ exchange when nobody, except those from Rugby
Union playing nations, even know that the country exits.

My programming expertise doesn't extend past what I have learnt from
AmiBroker in one single year but I am seriously thinking that I could
manage to learn how to scrape that list for my own use.

Instead of depending on others why not do it for ourselves?

How about a public project, right on this site, where a community
effort lays out the script, or an example of it, so that we can all
learn how to do it and manage our own updates and script tuning in
future.

Pie in the sky?

Positions vacant:

Project leader, programmers, secretary and working bees.

Put up now or for ever hold your peace.

http://biz.yahoo.com/i/

http://finance.yahoo.com/exchanges

Brian.

P.S. in the unlikely event that we actually do something I will be
watching from the bleaches; sorry I'm too bsuy elsewhere and lack the
skill-set for a public effort.