[amibroker] Resetting the EMA

Hello,

I tried resetting the ema to todays first bar close. Got a code from Herman showing resetting of T3 using AMA.

I tried to incorporate changes but got error as EMA accept only numbers as periods..

Can anybody help me get around it?

function em( Price, Periods )
    {
    emresult = EMA(C,periods);
    return emresult;
    }

function emr( C, emPeriods, ResetReference )
    {
    global NewDay;
    CPrice         = IIf(NewDay, ResetReference, C );
    emPeriods = Min( emPeriods, BarsSince(Newday));
    emPeriods     = IIf(NewDay,1, emPeriods );
    emResult = EMA(CPrice,emPeriods);
    return emResult;
    }

emPeriods         = Param("EMA Periods",3,1,10,1);
NewDay            = DateNum()  != Ref(DateNum(),-1);
ResetReference    = C;
AC5 = emr( C, emPeriods, ResetReference );
Plot(C,"",2,128);
Plot(AC5,"ac",1,1);

Regards,

Raajesh