Re: [amibroker] Re: esignal data feed vs iqfeed

Hello,

Yes I can confirm that IQFeed backfills now (actually more it is so since september 2006) are done in progressive way:
so you will see most recent data almost immediatelly and backfill
will subsequently fill past days.

And backfill speeds are much better since IQFeed API 4.0

Of course you need to use NEW IQFeed API and plugin
http://www.amibroker.com/iqfeed.html

As far as speed is considered:
on 2Mbps DSL located in Poland (so US customers should see *better* performance)
the measurements done using stop watch are as follows:

Setup: Base time interval = 1 minute,
I add a new symbol and wait until chart displays

IQFeed: first chunk of backfilled data displayed in 0.8 sec
37 days 1-minute data complete in 6.2 sec.

eSignal: first chunk of backfilled data displayed in 1.0 sec
37 days 1-minute data complete in 4.4 sec

So first chunk arrives quicker with IQFeed but longer backfills are
faster in eSignal. The difference is however hardly noticeable in practice

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com