From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Edward Pottasch
Sent: Tuesday, 22 May 2007 4:33 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] mixed intraday / EOD, eSignal

hi Paul,

yes indeed I use the daily data set to calculate buy / sell, short and cover (the code I posted was just for illustration purposes). However, my system is designed with entries and exits at the open (excluding the occasional intraday profit target that is hit). In practice I enter and exit at a certain time during the day in order to avoid the turbulance at the open.  What I then monitor is the difference between the open price and the exit / entry price. This is just a single number (averaged over the entire portfolio) and it is easy to see if I am ahead or behind to the theoretical system during the day.

Up until now I just executed my orders at a certain time. However, now I am following this number to pinpoint a favourable entry / exit with respect to the open price. I want to backtest this pinpointing of the best time to execute my orders and I need the eSignal intraday database for that. I just have one parameter in my system that uses 250 daily bars and therefor I need the EOD bars to do the calculation of the actual entry and exits days.  I hope using the EOD data to make calculation within the eSignal intraday database will be possible in future releases of Amibroker. For now I will try to solve it some other way,

rgds, Ed