[amibroker] Re: AFL code wizard - preview presentation-rmurphy

Richard,

A couple of weeks ago you said:

>Jim why dont you push off and get yourself another charting package.
Your just a moaner..<

I am glad you recognize the benefits of the AFL wizard not only to
new and existing users but also for the future success of Amibroker.

Tomasz is not only a programming wizard, he has vision. The way the
AFL wizard works is so intuitive (for me), I don't need a help file
for it.

I do apologize to Tomasz for pushing so hard for this feature, but
now that the basic AFL Wizard has been developed perhaps it will not
be necessary for Tomasz himself to spend time improving and adding
code to it as one of his programmers may be able to handle this.

Amibroker might just take the #1 spot on the TASC best software in
the February 2008 best of issue. ( I am sure we all agree it should
already be there)

Sincerely

Jim

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Richard Murphy <rmurphy@xxx> wrote:

> I dont think Phsst has given things much thought.
> I would say that the single biggest problem with Amibroker is the
time required to learn how to programme.
> This is stopping a great number of (  working ) people who cannot
dedicate  all their  spare  time to learning how to utilise this site
> By making Amibroker more  user friendly it will grow the  AB
community  which in turn can only be of benefit to everyone.
> I would hope that a larger user base would give Tomasz more
resources to expand anything he wanted.
> A larger user base might help to cost in a dedicated Data source
> More users would expand the AB community ,ideas ,knowledge.
> And anything that makes AB more profitable ,prolongs ABs existance.
Which for anyone who has ploughed a lot of hours into Amibroker  can
only be a good thing.
> Richard

Wizard,
>   but I don't mind being the one to argue the case that you may have
>   just created the single biggest obstacle to progressive future
>   upgrades in AB capability.
>
>   You have now created a tool for the 'programming illiterate'
group of
>   users, who will from this day forward, demand more and more
>   enhancements to the wizard to compensate for their inability to
>   comprehend AFL's programatic complexities.
>
>   I understand your need to draw in the maximum number of customers
with
>   easy to use 'wizards', but to create a 'wizard' that really uses
the
>   full capability of AFL, your development time will from now on be
>   severely taxed by the 'wizard' crowd.
>
>   I wish you luck in your efforts.
>
>   Best Regards
>
>   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@>
wrote:
>   >
>   > Hello,
>   >
>   > Generally speaking AFL code wizard is written to be extensible.
>   > If you download trial version and install it, you will
notice "CodeGen"
>   > subfolder that consist of Generic.xml file.
>   > This text file consist Text-To-Code generation rules.
>   > Currently there is only one codegen shipped with AFL code wizard
>   > but in the future I plan to ship LOTS of them. The approach is
flexible
>   > enough to allow adding rules like:
>   > "when ..something... forms a double bottom"
>   >
>   > Also future versions will just read any number of .xml files
from
>   codegen
>   > subfolder and allow switching between them. This will open a way
>   > for 3rd party DLLs to be included in the code wizard lists.
>   >
>   > Best regards,
>   > Tomasz Janeczko
>   > amibroker.com