Re: [amibroker] Re: AFL code wizard - preview presentation

Well said, Rakesh.

Bill
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2007 4:00 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: AFL code wizard - preview presentation

Hi Phsst,

As a discretionary trader such enhancements have no relevance for people with my style of trading.I would love to see  a couple of enhancements of Line Studies incorporated in AB. Yet I don't see any of the discretionary traders here dismiss the needs of the system traders as being of no consequence and complain about lack of any ehancement of discretionary trading tools.

Within the system trading set of traders a sub-set consists of people who have trade-able ideas that can be incorporated into systems but due to the traders being non-coders they were at a disadvantage when it came to implementing the systems. These people I guess are a larger number than those who are proficient coders.

The intention is not to pick a quarrel/arguement. I am unable to understand though why some of the coding proficient system traders expect priority over the general population of AB users and dismiss outright/have reservations about ,  the needs of non coder system traders/discretionary traders . Surely you are not suggesting that AB is a product meant EXCLUSIVELY for system traders with strong IT skills . If that be the case then the future prospects of the enterprise that is AmiBroker will be severely curtailed.

Why dont we instead let the developer use his sense of balance and considered  opinion to make enhancements at his own pace that cater to each segment of the AB user community i.e. System traders with well developed coding skills, systems traders who are NOT expert coders and finally last ( but hopefully not the least) discretionary traders like me.

Regards

Rakesh