[amibroker] Re: Massive data loading?

Hello Tomasz,
Unbelievable!!!!
What took me hours (and even days), your method has reduced to
minutes!!!!
(For anyone who is reading this, in order to concatenate many files
into one, I suggest using the dos Copy command, with * as wild card;
also use the Dos copy command to sort that huge file - it does it in
seconds.)
Thank you again - another happy customer!

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Your response confirms my guesses: you have separate files per
each day
> which is the "worst case".
>
> To speed import up you should join all your files into SINGLE file
> and then sort by ticker. If it ticker is first column of your data
file
> - it would be just alphabetic sorting.
>
> The other way to speed it up (but less) is to go to Tools-
>Preferences
> "Data" and make sure that in memory cache is greater than
> maximum number of symbols you import.
>
> Otherwise it needs to swap to the disk all symbols for all days
you are importing.

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

OLDEST
> > QUOTES FIRST - NEWEST LAST
> >> and to have one file per symbol.
> >>
> >> The worst possible case (it's probably yours) is having sorted
in
> > opposite direction
> >> (newest first) and different symbol in every line.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Tomasz Janeczko
> >> amibroker.com

(On