[amibroker] Re: Massive data loading?

Tomasz,
I think that when "Import Files" is sued, it sorts my selection (I
select an entire years worth of data files at once). My file names
are like this: "nasdaq_20010201.txt"  (that is with yyyymmdd in the
name). Is AmiBroker sorting those file names? or does it import in
the order that was selected?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 5 years of data on my end imports in *minutes* not hours.
>
> a) you have small size of "in-memory" cache so it requires a lot
of disk mangling
> b) the data you import are not sorted or sorted improperly (in
reverse order) and AB needs to re-sort.

> For fast import It is advised to use data that is sorted in OLDEST
QUOTES FIRST - NEWEST LAST
> and to have one file per symbol.
>
> The worst possible case (it's probably yours) is having sorted in
opposite direction
> (newest first) and different symbol in every line.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Files"
> > to load them into the database. That is the process that is
taking
> > over 32 hours!
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> It is MUCH quicker if you change the settings.
> >> Default settings are fail-safe. You can however
> >> change "number of simultaneous downloads" to 5 or more.
> >> BY setting it say to 10 you can get 10x speed up,
> >> however Yahoo may block you after some excessive downloading
> >> and you will need to revert to defaults and wait a couple of
> > minutes
> >> for Yahoo to unblock you.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Tomasz Janeczko