[amibroker] Re: one data source for two AB instances ?

Dennis,thanks for the reply.

I have 3 IB accounts, and I can use different account name to
receive realtime data with different Amibroker instances when
running them on 3 different computers at the same time.

But in realtime trading ,I want to spare at least one computer for
other usage, and since one of my computer support multi monitor, so
I hope to run two AB instances on one same computer CPU), this is
supported by AB, according to past posts.

But I have some problem as mentioned in the original post when doing
this, so my question is: If I run two AB instances on one same
computer at the same time in realtime trading ( one use 1m
database,the other use 5m database,both use the SAME IB datafeed),
is it possible?

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dennis Brown <see3d@xxx> wrote:

> Two different computers.
>
> On May 2, 2007, at 12:25 PM, Keith McCombs wrote:
>
> > Dennis --
> > When you say "run on two CPUs", do you mean two entirely
different
> > computers or one computer with two cores as in Intel Core 2
Duo?
> > Is the second choice even possible??
> > -- Keith
> >
> > Dennis Brown wrote:
> >> I use a different broker, but I had to open two different
accounts to
> >> have two free data feeds to the brokers charting program (run
on two
> >> CPUs). You might need two accounts with a separate account name
and
> >> password for the second instance.

> >> database,
> >> tried