Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 3:34 PM
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Account Margin

Thanks Tomasz, I will try the future approach again & compare.  I did like using the margin approach, its quite simple.  I had read the manual carefully and thought that using the margin setting was appropriate for CFD's.  I checked thru the trade database & was happy with the position size & trade log so have continued using that method.  I found that it gives me the correct position sizing as long as I set the position size correctly as it references position value not the capital outlay.  CFD's seem pretty much the same at the 50% margin accounts in the US, just the margin is lower.

Just reading the futures method again, this would mean for every stock I am using I would need to set the margin of -10 %, but I suppose the 'margindeposit' function is global yes?

Anyway, I really didn't want to give someone the wrong advice, thanks for describing the alternatives.

As an aside, then, CFD's have another feature, that interest is charge on long positions, & credited (at a lower rate of course) on short positions.  Would you consider adding this function in the future.  Also will the account manager be able to handle margin in the future?

Cheers, Dave