[amibroker] Re: Identifying Pnf Patterns

After debugging the code i have found that:
if (PlotGridLines)
{
// plot the values ...
}

Is never accessed which explains why we can not see the plot.
i have replaced it ( just for debug ) with:
if (1==1)
{
}

And i can see the Axis values.

Not sure regarding the reason for if to be non true although  i choose
Yes in ParamToggle()

Hanan

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Don Lindberg" <dlindber@xxx> wrote:

> Graham,
>
> Changing the Background color does in fact let AB's normal values
show, but
> that isn't the issue. If you look at  the link called Chart
> <http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/7813/gridcx0.png>  and Grid you
will see
> that his image shows values in the right (Blank 10) area of the chart
with
> each line of the PnF having its own value. This is what I can't
duplicate.
> Sure I can kind of  interpolate visually from AB's Values, but that is
not
> as quick and easy as having them were he shows them on his chart
image. I am
> just learning how to use PnF charts as Wycoft describes their use to
> forecast the degree of price movement, and having these values would
make
> that a lot easier. I can't understand why it works for him and not for
me!

> Don Lindberg
>

>   _____

Behalf
> Of Graham
> Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:49 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Identifying Pnf Patterns
>

> remove the chartbackground colour and change the colours of the charts
so
> you can see them, the background is overlaying the axes
>

> --
> Cheers
> Graham
> AB-Write >< Professional AFL Writing Service
> Yes, I write AFL code to your requirements
> http://www.aflwriti <http://www.aflwriting.com> ng.com
>

> On 25/04/07, Don Lindberg dlindber@xxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:dlindber@... net> wrote:
>
> I have copied the new code. Blank bars set to 10. PlotGrid set to Yes.
> Scaling set to Traditional (I tried the others too) and the following
image
> is what I get! Were are the Values?????? I am using AB 4.93, running
on MS
> Vista Business.
>

>   _____
>
> From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ps.com
[mailto:
Behalf Of
> apfxtrader
> Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 4:15 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ps.com
> Subject: [amibroker] Re: Identifying Pnf Patterns
>

> Lets go over the steps to plot Chart and Grid once again:
>
> Once you copy the new code*  at the end of the message
>
> You need to perform the following:
>
> Set Blank bars in right margin  to 10 .
> Preferences Window
> <http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/4250/preferencesuo6.png>
>
> Right click on chart select Parameters and press  "YES"  on "PlotGrid"
> option.
> Parameters Window
> <http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9647/propertieslu1.png>
>
> Note that:
> Grid is plotted for the chart area in the right of  Vertical Selection
Line.
> Chart and Grid <http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/7813/gridcx0.png>
>
> * The following code includes the option to choose form 3 ways  of
> calculating the box size:
>
> 1.      Traditional  (Box size default value  = 1  with increments of
10
> points)
>
> 2.      Percentage (Box size default value 1%  of last value close
with
> increments of 0.1%).
>
> 3.      Average True Range (Box size default value last value ATR (20)
with
> [...]
> Parameters
>
> Don't forget to check the code in formula editor before you apply
>
> //Copy ----------------------------------------------------
>

> GraphXSpace = 5;
>
> SetChartBkColor(ParamColor("BackGroundColor",  colorBlack));
> GraphColor =  ParamColor("GarphColor",colorLightGrey);
> GridColor = ParamColor("GridColor", ColorRGB(39,49, 67) );
>
> Scaling = ParamList("Scaling Method", "Traditional|Percentage|AVG True
> Range");
>
> if( scaling == "Traditional")      Box = Param("Box", 1, 0.2, 10,
0.1);
> else
> if( scaling == "Percentage")      Box = Pa! ram("Box ", 1, 0.2, 10,
0.1)/100
> * LastValue(C);
>

> else
> if( scaling == "AVG True Range")  Box = Param("Box", 1, 0.3, 5, 0.1) *
> LastValue( ATR (20));
>

> shiftChart =0;
> shiftLastClose =1;
> shiftGrid =7;
> shiftPriceAxis = 2;
>

> Reverse = Param("Reverse", 3, 1, 5);
> j = 0;
> PFL[0] = Box * ceil(Low[0]/Box) + Box;
> PFH[0] = Box * floor(High[0]/Box);
> direction = 0;
>

> for( i = 1; i < BarCount; i++ )
> {
> if(direction[j] == 0)
> {
> if(Low[i] <= PFL[j] - Box)
> {
> PFL[j] = Box * ceil(Low[i]/Box);
> }
> else
> {
> if(High[i] >= PFL[j] + Reverse*Box)
> {
> j++;
> direction[j] = 1;
> PFH[j] = Box * floor(High[i]/Box);
> PFL[j] = PFL[j - 1] + Box;
>
> }
> }
> }
> else
> {
> if(High[i] >= PFH[j] + Box)
> {
> PFH[j] = Box * floor(High[i]/Box);
> }
> else
> {
> if( Low[i] <= PFH[j] - Reverse * Box )
> {
> j++;
> direction[j] = 0;
> PFH[j] = PFH[j - 1] - Box;
> PFL[j] = Box * ceil(Low[i]/Box);
>
> }
> }
> }
> }
> delta = BarCount - j -1;
> direction = Ref(direction, - delta);
> Hi = Ref(PFH, -delta) + Box/2;
> Lo = Ref(PFL, -delta)- Box/2;
> Cl = IIf(direction == 1, Hi, Lo);
> Op = IIf(direction == 1, Cl - Box, Cl + Box);
>

> PlotOHLC(Op, Hi, Lo, Cl,"", GraphColor ,
stylePointAndFigure|styleNoLabel,
> 0, 0 ,shiftChart);
>

> Last = Ref( LastValue(C), -(BarCount-1));
> Plot( Last,"", colorRed,styleNoLine|styleDots, 0 , 0, shiftLastClose);
>
> // selected value
> Value= IIf(direction>0, SelectedValue(Hi)-box/2,
SelectedValue(Lo)+box/2);

-