[amibroker] Re: Aussie JustData for Vista - compatibility issues

It seems strange that some businesses aren't more up and running when
it comes to being ready for Vista. IncredibleCharts (another Aussie)
for example have been great and I haven't had other problems with
Aussies such as Stator. I don't understand why a data provider would
not have a 64-bit version of a 32-bit program. I'm still baffled -
any final thoughts (I won't continue this thread otherwise)?
Bernard

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael.S.G." <OzFalconAB@xxx>
wrote:

> No sorry, Can't help. And if JustData can't help, then I'm not sure
what
> you can do.
> Here is an idea (Don't take it too seriously), You could try
running it
> under Wine.
> There are windows binary files for wine available here:
> http://www.winehq.com/site/download
>
> KR
>     Michael.
>
> bernardedmond01 wrote:
> >
> > Michael
> > Yes, you can run programs under vista in XP - however, this has
not
> > helped. Vista also has a compatibility wizard but again, this
hasn't
> > helped. The problem appears to be that JustData is only supported
on
> > 16 or 32 bit platforms, not 64-bit. What I'm trying to figure out
is
> > whether there's another way of allowing the 32-bit program to run.
> > If you have any other ideas (or if anyone else has any ideas) I
think
> > it would be great to know (since I suspect others will face this
> > problem).
> > Bernard
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:amibroker%
40yahoogroups.com>,
> > "Michael.S.G." <OzFalconAB@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Can you upgrade (yes I mean up not down) to XP?
> > > I'm no expert on windows, But I keep hearing that
> > > vista is a joke.
> > >
> > > I believe you can also run programs under vista in
> > > XP compatibility mode. Have you tried that?
> > >
> > > KR
> > > Michael.

Aussie
> > users