Re: [amibroker] Re: eSignal Data new service

Hi david,

Agree.

Besides, there are a lot of people on this list that enjoy
significantly different levels of success than others.  For some, the
increases probably would not be described as 'nominal'.

eSignal doesn't affect my bottom line, except that their take ends up
coming out of my wine cellar budget.  So I'd hate to give them the
idea that their fees can simply spiral upward because somebody who is
running 1000 times the money I run doesn't care what they charge --
up to some point that would already be biting me.

Interesting business.  I suspect at these price levels we may see an
increase in competition in the near future, which should put a lid on
arbitrary pricing.  Right now, it seems that there is simply not
enough competition.  Eventually, cost of data should resemble
commission fees, which are in most cases pretty cheap.  At least a
broker who allows you to trade on margin is accepting some credit
risk.  These data vendors simply allow multiple computers to plug
into a data stream that isn't even theirs in the first place, and
then they sell it redundantly and rather dearly.

Someday, I suspect the exchanges will get wise (after enough of them
go public).  There is no reason for any data middlemen, let alone
layers of them (I think eSignal itself has a data provider, but I'm
not sure). In any case, middlemen stock-data vendor days must surely
be numbered. Right now it may be an easier revenue source for the
exchanges to just sell a limited number of rights to middlemen.  But
anything that has a tendency to limit trading, and limited access to
information certainly falls in that category, limits exchange
revenue.  Someday, they may figure this out.

Yuki

d> Hi Scourt2000,

d> This thread is about 'decreases' not 'increases', so I prefer that
the 'thread' was not closed.

d> Anywhere a business or a household (person) can reduce their 'running' costs
d> is a good thing.

d> Alot of Amibroker users use E-Signal (myself included), and only use
d> Amibroker to chart the data feed, so I am sure a lot of other Amibroker
d> users are interested in this thread or updates as well.

d>

d> Kind regards

d>

d> Dave

d> From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
d> [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
d> Of scourt2000
d> Sent: Thursday, 19 April 2007 11:58 PM
d> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
d> Subject: [amibroker] Re: eSignal Data new service

d>

d> Can we close off this eSignal pricing thread?

d> These price increases by eSignal are nominal...IF you are a
d> successful trader.