Re: [amibroker] Re: Help with intermittent plots

Graham,

I think you hit it.  I had (1000,-1) for this setting.  I have a
parameter (nominally set to 500) to limit the number of bars I use to
calculate in realtime (need to use them all of course for
backtesting).  I believe that there was some kind of interaction
between the fast AFL and my truncated number of bars.  My
calculations take so much time, that I bring my 2GHz core duo to its
knees if I try to do all the bars in my database.  I had been
scratching my head for a while wondering why, when I scrolled to the
beginning, the calculations still were being done even though the
database had thousands of bars.  I guess fast AFL completely changed
the way I thought I was programming the algorithm.  Now it behaves.
When I scroll around, and the plots stay on.

Thanks,
Dennis