[amibroker] Re: Modified symbol

What if you created a new symbol with AddToComposite in Anthony's
code below?

So:

. . . .

if( LastValue( Cond==1) )

 {
 AddToComposite(Name(),"~"+Name()+" * ","C");// Scan first, or use
settings to allow in explore, etc.
 CategoryAddSymbol(Foreign("~"+Name()+" * ","C"),categoryWatchlist,
13 );

 }

PS

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso" <ajf1111@xxx>
wrote:

> Bill ,
>
> You were correct..I was thinking about AA window....
>
> I tried several versions of the following...using explore and
Scan...but can not seem to get it to work...maybe someone can look at
it..or Tomasz...and see if it is possible..
> Cond=C > Ref(C,-1);
>
> if( LastValue( Cond==1) )
>
> {
>
> CategoryAddSymbol("~"+ Name(), categoryWatchlist, 13 );
>
> }
>
> Filter=Cond > 0;
>
> AddColumn(Cond,"");
>
> //Buy=0;
>
> Anthony

watchlists don't have cells?  I don't know how the symbol in a
watchlist can be colored.  Did you have something in mind?

>   Bill

condition with CategoryAddSymbol(Name(), watchlist, 1).  However, I
would like to "highlight" the symbol name by, for example, adding an
asterisk ( * ) to the name if a second (or more) condition is also
met.  So far, I have not found a way to get around using only Name()
for the symbol in CategoryAddSymbol().  Modifications such as Name()
+ " * ", etc. don't work, producing " " (empty string) for the
symbol.  Any suggestions as to how to produce a modified symbol
without reworking CategoryAddSymbol() or Name()?

>       Bill

4/9/2007 10:59 PM