	From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Herman
	Sent: Tuesday, 17 April 2007 10:52 AM
	To: Paul Ho
	Subject: Re[6]: [amibroker] Placing orders for only the highest
scored tickers

	See my earlier reply to Tomasz' suggestion.

	The objective is to have the Backtester reflect practical (simple)
trading conditions. There are many ways to solve this problem and how you do
it depends on your trading system. Since i already have my trading system in
a loop I may create a FillProbability array for each ticker in my WatchList.
Such arrays can be stored in Composites, a lookup table, or even using
StaticVariables, to be accessed by the Portfolio Backtester to
enable/disable tickers based on their score. This restricts the Port BT to
the n-top tickers, thus matching my real trading results where I place only
orders for the n top scored tickers.

	I haven't done all this yet ... I change my ways so often that I
never know from one day to the next what I'll be working on   I might just
wake up with an altogether new idea.

	best regards,

	herman

	> Herman

	> This an interesting problem, and one that I face everyday.

	> The problem is that you only know which are the "best" signal to
enter at

	> the end of the bar based on positionscore but you are by that time
too later

	> to enter it.

	> Now Tomasz's suggestion is quite a good one.

	> For example, during the beginning of the bar, I do an exploration
looking at

	> how close the preivous high price is in relation to the break out
price and

	> I also look at the position score. Now if I knew the probability
of price

	> breaking out based on position of its high or close on the
previous bar.

	> Then I can multiply that probability into the position score. Then

	> effectively I can enter the order for the candidates with the
highest score.