RE: [amibroker] Re: Help needed! - Can't Buy and Short on the same bar

 While it might make sense, but it doesnt make common sense. When you trade intraday, you use intraday bars, and there are plenty enought bars to enter long and short. there is no need to complicate life.

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of dralexchambers
Sent: Tuesday, 17 April 2007 6:15 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Help needed! - Can't Buy and Short on the same bar

Actually, it *does* make sense. Very often with intraday trading,
there are gains to be made in small flucuations either way of a
defined price, rather than placing one trade overall in one direction
as suggested.

I'm not very good with Low Level AFL. Can anyone help me out here.

Thanks - AC

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> By default AB does not enter LONG and SHORT trade simultaneously
for the very same symbol at the very same
> bar. It makes no sense anyway - just enter one side order with
appropriate balance (long - short shares).

> If you must enter both sides at the same time - the only option is
to use low-level custom backtester
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/a_custombacktest.html
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko