[amibroker] Re: Help needed! - Can't Buy and Short on the same bar

Yes, two accounts will be needed.

It is just a thought - if you look at a daily candle from the open
(esp. on the FX), most days it moves at least 5-10 pips or more from
this position in both directions. Therefore, if you have a good
chance of snagging 10-15 pips a day, that's a good start!

However ... like I said, it is only a thought - and it's a shame AB
will not process dual instructions on one bar. I could do seperate
long/short tests, but it makes life more awkward.

AC

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dbw451" <dbw451@xxx> wrote:

> I'm guessing that most brokers will not allow you to do this,
especially in
> a single account.  I specifically setup multiple accounts with
Interactive
> Brokers to be able to trade both sides of the market at the same
time.  The
> first time I tried to do it, Interactive Brokers would not allow me
> execute an opposite direction trade in my second account giving me
a message
> that it violated some SEC rule.  However you can probably get
around this if
> you trade two accounts at two unrelated brokers.  Maybe the rules
are
> different in other countries.  The way I handle trading both
directions now
> is to trade related securities in opposite directions (e.g. for US
> futures: YM, NQ, ER2, ES) although I rarely have the need to do
it.  Over
> the last year, I did it the 3 times to hedge my open positions the
days the
> CBOT exchange crashed.
>

> Since your long and short trades are independent of each other, why
not
> divide your initial equity in half and test the long and short
trades as
> separate systems?
>

> Regards,
>

> David