Re: [amibroker] Re: AB Trading Framework Final Release

Fred --
Probably just a typo, but don't you mean
Short / Sell Price be Next Low?

Fred wrote:

Michael,

I don't understand why you have set some of the parameters the way you
have in the doc i.e.

For the items below shouldn't Buy / Cover Price be Next High ? and
Short / Cover Price be Next Low ?

Buy/Sell/Short/Cover price:
It is preferable to backtest using Buy = High, Sell = Low and Short =
High, Cover = Low regardless of how the system is to be traded.
This way if the system works OK on backtest I know it was done on worst
case and I should be able to do better in real life. Too often I have
found a system backtest based on possible entry/exit prices does not
preform in real time trading due to various reasons like slippage.

BuyPrice: Next Low
SellPrice: Next High
ShortPrice: Next High
CoverPrice: Next Low

Why ?

Pos shrinking: No
Max open pos: 10

-- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Michael.S.G." <OzFalconAB@...> wrote:

> AB Trading Framework has undergone another metamorphism.
>
> It is now a simple Trading Organizer to help document and organize AB
> systems.
>
> I have also decided to pull the open source side and just release it
as
> a final.
>

> Final Release is here:
> http://www.amibroker.org/3rdparty/AB_Trading_Framework/