Re: [amibroker] outside bar causing problems

The only way to know which comes first (H or L) is to use RT data.

If you want same day exits you have to use SetTradeDelays(0,0,0,0), also see how you set the stops etc. in the AA, there are different exit options.

herman

I am trying to backtest a system that is giving me problems with outside bars.  First of all, it is possible that there could be a buy and sell on the same bar and Amibroker is going to have to make a choice. How does it handle this situation?

Now let's assume it takes the sell. The next bar clearly shows a stop would be elected if you were short, but Amibroker does nothing . In fact is does not stop you out of the position until the next long entry point.

Is there any way to work around these problems?

I am a newbie, as green as they come, but this seems like it would be a common topic. Yet, I have been on this list for over six months and do not remember this subject coming up once. Maybe it has and I don't remember, but it seems like it would be as common as a plot shapes issue.

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.