Re: [amibroker] Esignal vs IQFEED

Mike,

DTN databases can hold multi-periodicity data but it is not the most efficient setup to use although it does work. The attached chart shows both weekly and intra day on the SPX.XO. The database has to be set for an intra day periodicity and you will be limited to the download period of DTN. However, if you set the db to the max 500000 bars you can then import the data for longer periods.  As a warning I  keep a fairly narrow db of just the indices, futures etc as a complete stock DB this way would make it unwieldy pretty quick.

Regards,

Duke Jones, CMT

mikelaurataylor wrote:

Thought I'd chim in since I have both right now.

I must admit that for pricing reasons I have been trying to move all
my subscriptions to IQFEED for over a year now. I previously had a
ton of problems w/ the prior IQFEED link to AmiBroker but that seems
to be working better since a new IQFEED adaptor was released by
AmiBroker in the fall.

Here are the two items I consider major issues:

1. you can not have a mixed database unless something has changed.
Therefore you can not see longer term charts on daily or weekly basis
in the same database. Maybe this has changed or will change.

2. despite repeated requests to iqfeed (see their user board) their
backfill is substantially slower then esignals backfeed; or at least
it appears that way because esignal backfills from the current day
back, so you see the current day on the screen whereas iqfeed
backfills forward so it appears to take much longer. if have so far
found it too annoying when I want to backfill a bunch of stocks.

I'd very much like to switch to iqfeed but those are 2 major issues
for me.

Mike

PNG image