RE: [amibroker] JScript regular expression/string match

\.AX for ".AX" and ^AX for ^AX" would that work

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael.S.G.
Sent: Saturday, 7 April 2007 10:56 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] JScript regular _expression_/string match

I am tring to get JScript to match a set of characters in a string.
The characters are special characters, And I am having trouble working
out the format for correct match.
Can someone tell me what the correct search string is for matching ".AX"
and "^AX". Thanks.

Here is a simple test JScript to match characters using the regular
_expression_ and search functions.

// JScript file
// Match Exclude text in Ticker String.
// Match ".ax"
// Match "^ax"
var r,re;
//Exclude = "[.]ax"; //Seems to work
Exclude = "^ax"; //Does not work
Ticker = "t^axest.axssbsn";
re = new RegExp(Exclude,"i"); //Create Search _expression_
r = Ticker.search(re);
if (r == -1) result = "No Match"
else result = "Match"
WScript.Echo( Ticker + "\n" + re + "\n" + result + " @ " + (r+1) );