Re: [amibroker] Importing signals

Hi Drew --

Due to my fat fingers, the previous message was sent before it was finished.

Here are the steps:

1.  Outside of AmiBroker, create a data file with the signals, and save it as a .csv file -- say SIGNAL.CSV.
The dates should be in one of the formats that AmiBroker can import easily.
"yyyy-mm-dd" works.
The signal can be -1, 0 ,+1.  Or you might want the signal to be 9, 10, 11 -- so all the values are positive.
2.  Inside of AmiBroker, from the File menu, select Import ASCII.
Navigate to SIGNALS.CSV and import it.
It will show up in the list of symbols.
3.  To use the signals in a backtest,
In an AmiBroker program:
sigs = Foreign("SIGNALS",C);
RestorePriceArrays();
Buy = sigs>=10.9;
Sell = sigs<=10.1;
Short = sigs<=9.1;
Cover = sigs>=9.9;
Plot(C,"C",colorblack,stylecandle);
Plot(sigs,"sigs",colorred,styleline|styleownscale);

Hope this helps,
Howard
www.quantitativetradingsystems.com