Re: [amibroker] OT: The problem with indicators

Alex

We have to understand how an indicator behaves under different scenarios to derive optimal benefit from it. Take the lowly much abused stochastic which most folk seem to dismiss outright.

1. In a ranging/non-trending market it will provide you with decent OB/OS points.

2. In a trending market you will get good entry signals to get an entry into a trending move on minor connections.

As Gerard Carey wrote on this list a few days back, most indicators provide similar signals. You take those signals and let price movement validate them and THEN act. Price has a mind of it's own and I doubt if there are any indicators that can predict price action.

Since trading systems/methods is not the subject of this group, this subject is best moved to the AB-TS group IF it is of interest to the rest of the user group.