[amibroker] Re: Getting Bid & Ask data in OHLC format

It is done in realtime where bid and ask are updated automatically.

Point is that you need to use DDE plugin and for that you need to
configure a (new) database.

AB has no "price arrays" available to store bid and ask, only to
store Last. (Therefore GetRTData gives you only the last value:
previous values are not stored.)

The method I describe creates MSFT_bid, MSFT_ask etc. as if these
were a separate tickers, so where you'd normally store Last, you now
store Bid or Ask.

There was another thread on DDE/Excel linking:

As said, it is a cumbersome method, only to be used if you
desperately want bid/ask history.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask.

-treliff

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, C W <chwinc2000@xxx> wrote:

> I read the posting and it seems you have to create a database for
it. Can this be done in realtime where these bid and ask prices will
be updated automatically? Can you please clarify how this can be done?

>   Thanks.
>
> treliff <treliff@xxx> wrote:
>           I've been doing it this way for 2 years now and afaik
it's still the
> only way. Very cumbersome but it works:

> -treliff
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "chwinc2000" <chwinc2000@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > When using getRTDATA() function to retrieve Bid and Ask prices.
Is
> > there any way for these to be retrieved into a OHLC format? So I
can
> > create a 20 period EMA of the BID or ASK.
> >
> > Thanks.

> Be a PS3 game guru.
Yahoo! Games.