[amibroker] Re: Minimum Account Margin setting

Hello Dave

I am also attempting to test a margin system as I trade CFDs.  With
CFDs there is sometimes 1% margin and I have found that setting the
margin setting under settings to anything less than say 50 returns
some strange trades in the backtester.

Have you had a reply on this, and if so, what was the response?

Not sure if I need to use futures mode, but I am also not sure about
how to set contract size etc. in this mode to get it as close as
possible to my system.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Sam

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David" <david.smith5@xxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am backtesting a margin system for CFD's & note that no trades
are
> returned if account margin is set less than 10 %.  Can't find any
> notes about this in the forum, is this a limit in AB?  Can it go
lower
> for testing CFD's which can have 5 % & even 3 % margin at times?
>
> Thanks, Dave

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM