RE: [amibroker] ignorance personified (or) why don't I get this stuff?

Yuki
I'm sorry about the blow up. I feel somewhat responsible as it was my
untested idea.
I subsequently went and have a look. I think I now know what the problem is
Amibroker stores each bar with a date and time stamp. In daily or above,
there is no time, just dates. But in intraday databases, each bar has a date
and time stamp. This also applies to ATC. Each bar of the same date and time
value from every stock in the watchlist is added to the composite. In an
Esignal database, where closing stock prices are stamped with different time
will be added to a different bar even though they are of the same date.
What I first thought to be a problem is not really a problem for AB (because
of the same reason). The fix to your problem is really quite simple
First change your AFL so only the volume field of composites are used:
For example
---------------------------------------
TimeFrameSet(inDaily);
num = C > MA(C, 50);
AddToComposite(num, "~10weeksA", "V");
AddToComposite(1, "~10weeksB", "V");
TimeFrameRestore();
Buy = 0;
ratio = Foreign("~10weeks", "V")/Foreign("~11weeks", "V");
Plot(ratio, "ratio", colorRed, styleLine);
Next, Set your Periodicity in your AA setting to Daily
And try it out on a small watchlist of say 20 stocks first.
And uncheck the Wait for backfill box.
The next action is important, make sure you change your pluggin status to
shutdown
So it no longer communicates with Esignal's data manager.
Run your Scan
The plot should come out as volume is the field that sums up all "intraday"
bars of the same date.
It works for me when I tested it.
Cheers
Paul.