[amibroker] Re: AA Explore - Daily

I assume that unlike "N last days", "N last quotations" will also include stocks that didn't trade on the last day, in other words it will include thinly traded stocks that often don't trade every day. I think this is how it's suppose to work, but I have never really tested this.

I haven't run a scan for some time but a few versions back I also run into an issue that setting the specific days "from-to" was the only choice because "N last days" somehow included dates beyond those specified. Just sort your Date column to see if this is still a problem.

Lester

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxx> wrote:

> Trying to do a scan on daily data.
>
> Program seems to work Ok, but I get different number of hits based on whether I check "n last quotations" or "n last days".
>
> "n last quotations" produces more hits (excluding duplicates).
>
> The last data I have is for Tuesday.
>
> If I set n=2 (data for Monday and Tuesday), I get 18 stocks meeting criteria with both "n last quotations" and "n last days".
>
> If I set n=4:
> for "n last days"            I get 27 stocks
> for "n last quotations"    I get 33 stocks.
>
> Wondering how the two setting differ. Seems like they handle the weekend differently, but it is not clear how.
>
> Ara

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM