Re: [amibroker] AB autotrading vulnerable to fatal spikes?

Are these spikes just incorrect data or was there some execution at those prices? If the spike was that big, I would assume just about anyone with open stops would of gotten stopped out.

Thanks.

Herman <psytek@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
You have to write your code so these spikes do not harm you, I have had spikes of $1000 or greater.

You can simply ignore prices that fall outside the normal range, ask for confirmation, average a few quotes, etc.

Welcome to the real world of Real-Time SAutomated Trading

best regards,
herman

> I'm using AB with IB datafeed and get spikes every now and then on SPY
> 1-minute bars. Today i got a huge spike low of ~$40 while SPY trades
> ~$140. My AB-based autotrading system started giving out totally bogus
> buy/sell signals. I understand that if a spike occurs in my datafeed,
> i will not be able to use AB's QuoteEditor to fix the spike for 3 bars
> since the spike is in the plugin cache. During this time, all the
> damage will already be done.

> In the absence of a built-in spike removal tool in AB, what is the
> best way to prevent spikes from affecting an AB-based autotrading system?

> Thanks a lot

> Transfer from your equities account.
> Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> <*> Your email settings:
>     Individual Email | Traditional

> <*> To change settings online go to:
>     (Yahoo! ID required)

> <*> To change settings via email:

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A. __._,_.___