[amibroker] The Time is off in my Forex Intraday data! - ATTN: Thomasz Thank You!

  • To: AmiBroker Users Group <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] The Time is off in my Forex Intraday data! - ATTN: Thomasz Thank You!
  • From: Bill Halliday <halliday_mo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:38:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Thomasz,

I followed the instructions on the link you provided and got a report.

It worked once I re-read the instructions carefully and changed the Settings Peridocity to in1Minute!

The data in the .csv file looks fine. However, I got this error message when trying an IMPORT:

Logging started for 'C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\ForexIntraday\Pre-March 2007 Intraday data.csv' file, using format definition file 'Formats\default.format'
Error in line EURCHF,11/5/2006 5:00:00 PM,1.59,1.59,1.59,1.59,0,0
Invalid date format/value

I haven't changed the DEFAULT.FORMAT file:

$FORMAT Date_DMY,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume
$SKIPLINES 1
$SEPARATOR ,
$DEBUG 1
$BREAKONERR 1
$AUTOADD 1

I also tried the Import wizard, with the same results:

Error in line EURCHF,11/5/2006 5:00:00 PM,1.59,1.59,1.59,1.59,0,0
Invalid date format/value.

This is the format file I used with the Wizard:

# Format definition file generated automatically
# by AmiBroker's ASCII Import Wizard
$FORMAT Ticker, Date_YMD, Open, High, Low, Close, Volume
$SKIPLINES 0
$SEPARATOR ,
$CONT 1
$GROUP 255
$AUTOADD 1
$DEBUG 1

Do I need to re-format the date/time in the database,if not, how do I tell the Importer that the time is in the input line?

Bill

Get your own web address.
Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business. __._,_.___