Re: [amibroker] Re: DOW WAVES..... and the recent fall in the DJI

Usually see the red/green chaikin bars move first...no lag. New highs-new lows visual is just convention, something us Northern Hemisphere folks seem to "gravitate" to like good pair of suspenders and a belt :)
Dave

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 3:05 AM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: DOW WAVES..... and the recent fall in the DJI

Thanks for that Dave
I do like the clarity of your charts mate.
Keep us up to date won't you on any developments. It always seemed
logical to me that finding the number of stocks reaching a specified
indicator level, would be an indicator that lagged more than the
indicator itself. Got any insights?
And I can't understand why you would prefer plotting both 6wk highs
and 6wk lows instead of just an oscillating Net 6wk line. Personal
preferences I spose.
Regds'Gerard

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "David Fitch" <davidfitch@...>
wrote:

> Thanks Gerard
>
> I've been busy learning Fred Tonetti's IO. Very powerful system for
backtest. I've run CCI and its various structures through about every
form imaginable. Most of the forms are yours and your suggestions.
But I'm still learning and have a ways to go before I attempt a post
of conclusions. BTW, Fred's been very helpful in hand holding a non-
programmer through the nuances of his work. And his documentation is
first rate.

> Its making me re-evaluate my visual analysis methodology with
little if any quant input. I'm trying to dance between the two. Very
enlightening to be sure.

> FWIW, here's screen shot of US Market internals that are developed
using ATC, from Werner Ganz' work. What's interesting to me is the
Blue advance decline line using Chaikin formula breaking 50% in all
but Nyse. First time since last May. In that case weakness continued
for about two months with new lows spiking more than once. New highs
and lows are 6 week, not 52 weeks , so they tend to act more like
oscillator. Red/Green bars on bottom panes are Chaikin developed
daily bars.

> Dave

DJI

> > For those interested in the indicator, Mr Dow gives us here,
just
> > slightly different slant on how to view the market (and our
> indicator).
> >
> > Charles Dow, in the "Wall Street Journal", January 31, 1901:
> > "A person watching the tide coming in and who wishes to know
the
> spot
> > which marks the high tide, sets a stick in the sand at the
points
> > reached by the incoming waves..........
> >
> > Again I've put the guff on an attachment to spare the
> uninterested.
> >
> > Regds and good trading
> > Gerard
> >
> > --