Re: [amibroker] Re: Some things realy annoy

Backup's not going to help. The problem was installing on a new machine
and duplicating all the layouts & associated charts.

ATB
    MSG

Keith McCombs wrote:

> Homar --
> 1.  Always backup before installing a new version of ANY software.
> 2.  Did you use the Upgrade or the Full version.  I used the Upgrade
> with nothing lost.
> -- Keith
>
> Homar Simpson wrote:
>
>> Glad you agree.
>>
>> And it would be nice if the programming language didn't require a
>> phd in 'wierd'.
>>
>> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:amibroker%40yahoogroups.com>, "Michael.S.G." <OzFalconAB@xxx>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I have just installed a fresh copy of AmiBroker 4.904
>> >
>> > AND GOD DAMN IT, Layouts and Charts are a pain in the arse.
>> >
>> > Managing layouts and charts is a disaster.
>> > Every layout has lost it's charts. Even when the Formula
>> location is
>> > the same.
>> > Now I have to manually insert every chart into the layouts. Even
>> the
>> > bloody Default install ones (If they still exist somewhere).
>> >
>> > All I can say is, GOD DAMN IT. This is one area Amibroker needs some
>> > serious simplification.
>> >
>> > Even opening a database destroys the default layout with no obvious
>> way
>> > of getting it back.
>> >

>> > <Just had to get that of my chest!>
>> >
>> > ATB
>> > Michael.
>> >

> _

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM