[amibroker] Re: A good book? Howard, Dingo and BillBarack

MyTakeIsMine,

AB101 was updated for 4.90 for the Amibroker conference in February.
Richard has the Camtasia recording and will make it available as
soon as he has edited the material.

The whole idea around AB101 is that is designed for the absolute
beginner. It is intented to familiarize you with the basics of
getting around in the program, how to utilize the charting space,
how to do basic Automatic Analysis functions such as Explore,
Backtest and Optimize. It is intended as a hands on experience for
the individual to truly get acquainted with the program.

I will tell you that it is not primarily a programming course. There
is no good way, that I know, to teach someone how to program in a
day or so. But, AB101 does introduce the AFL language, goes through
some example code to present the structure and gives plenty of learn-
by-doing code exercises.

Perhaps some of those who took the course could share their
experiences with you and whether they thought it of value or not.

Best of trading,

Bill

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mytakeismine" <mytakeismine@xxx>
wrote:

> And Bill if You're there, your AmiBroker 101 is it still using
AB4.5
> or have you updated and how beginner friendly is it?
>
> My hangup has been learning the very basics and what I would
consider
> short cuts. >
> I JUST NEED more EXAMPLES of the little things....
> Thanks Everyone for all your help
> take care
> mytake

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM