Re: [amibroker] Re: A good book?

Hi dingo,

Saturday, March 10, 2007, 5:45:19 AM, you wrote:

d> I'd recommend that you consider purchasing the video of Bill Barack's
d> "Amibroker 101" which is at
d> http://www.ftmonitor.com/ab101/ab101intro.html .

Do you know anything about the *quality* of the upcoming videos?  I
ask because I purchased the Houston 2006 CDs, but the quality
(particularly the audio) was simply too painful to work with. Richard
agreed that they were indeed not up to par, and kindly took them
back.

I would find these attractive tools, but I have serious doubts about
buying them after my experience last year.  Surely, among the
incredible talent pool that uses AB, there must be someone with very
good A/V production skills?  (And speakers need to remember things
like, when someone in the back of the room asks a question that is
going to be mostly inaudible to the production, the speaker needs to
repeat the question *into the microphone, clearly* for the benefit of
these productions.)  I know that takes more time, but it's either
that or pin a Lavalier on everyone.  ^_^

Given a quality production, I'd find the CDs reasonably priced. But
considering the quality I experienced, no real value at all,
certainly no monetary value.  I'm sure others, maybe those with
better "English ears" will disagree.  I was quite disappointed,
however.

Yuki

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM