From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of amibrokeruser
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 4:52 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: HELP IN WRITING REVERSAL FORMULA

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Thomas Z." <tzg@xxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This one will do the job:
>
> Buy = Low==LLV(L,6) AND Close > Ref(Close,-1);
> Sell = High == HHV(H,6) AND Close < Ref(Close,-1);
> Plot(C,"C",colorLightBlue,styleBar);
> PlotShapes(Buy*shapeUpArrow,colorGreen,0,L,-12);
> PlotShapes(Sell*shapeDownArrow,colorRed,0,H,-12);
>
> Thomas
> www.patternexplorer.com

Thanks for this Thomas! I did a quick test on it and found many of the
stocks did no better than 50/50 on win/loss.

It got me thinking about some code in AB that would do a coin-flip, as
it appeared that the reversal code was no better than flipping a coin,
and then rely on the automatic trade tool to manage your entries and
exits for money management purposes. Off to the pseudo coding world to
hammer out the idea!

thanks again!
Dennis

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/GHeqlB/TM