[amibroker] Re: Any AB users catch the recent fall on the DOW with their scripts?

Hello Dennis,

There is a wide range of users and interests within the group including
professional (full-time traders), fund managers and/or corporate
employees of funds, authors and well credentialled academics, to name a
few who have posted since I joined approx 6-9 months ago.

Stop seeking vicarious trading success and dive into the pool yourself.
It's the only way to learn to swim.

Catch the recent fall?

Ever heard of insurance, anticipation, adaption, costed in, standing on
your head or been there, done that?

Discuss our favourite indicators, trading styles etc.

We do nothing else but, day in, day out.
You guys must be asleep at the wheel.

You will know when I quit trading because I will give away my books and
other stuff for free in this forum.
The only thing is that you will never know if I retired because I had
enough of success or enough of failure.

One of my styles I call Dynamic Trading (almost random walk) - 100%
mechanical.
My second style is plain old Techno-Fundamental - 100% mechanical.
I can trade GannStyle or BuffetStyle or a lot of other styles if I want
to.

Random observation?
One of my aims when I started was to read charts the way Mozart read
music.

I have been mildly influenced by scores of traders, including some in
this forum.
No single individual left a strong mark though - my style is custom
designed.
Collectively, seasoned traders, who share their work, do have an affect
because *we* all end up at similar places in the end and hence have to
resolve the same issues in much the same ways.
After a while it does get hard to find original work, which is why the
originals tend to keep their mouths shut.

AmiBroker (developer/software/platform/forum) is the most influential
entity in my trading life - somewhat like a trading partner and mentor.
Lots of people come into this forum and are underwhelmed by the
experience - not me!

A trading epiphany - the first time I backtested using a computer - the
trading world was *stood on its head* that day.

As for Sacred Trading Cows - I've shot a lot more than I've taken home
to pasture.

The best tip of all (I don't know how many times I have said it and
every other Tom,Dick and Mary has said it as well).

SYSTEM EVALUATION AND MONEY MANAGEMENT!

Trading systems are a dime a dozen.

BrianB2.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "amibrokeruser" <dennisgdaniels@xxx>
wrote:

> Greetings!
> I've been lurking for some time and I'm impressed with the willingness
> of people to share, yet, I've not seen many(any?) posts regarding
success
> stories using AB. I'm sure there are many given the power of AB!
>
> Would AB users come forward and share their success with the market in
> broad or specific descriptions of how AB made you money?
>
> Many thanks in advance!
>
> Dennis

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM