[amibroker] Re: Updated NYSE NASDAQ and AMEX ticker List for AB in Yahoo ???

You need to put the database file from the unzipped one(new folder
USStocks))in the Amibroker program files. If your current one is named
USStocks rename the new one to USStocks1(or something similar).  Once
it is in file open Amiboker and under files dropdown open the new one.
It should be there and open. You can then clean up as deisred and
download from Yahoo the data from a range you desire. Keep both
datbases for the time being until you are sure of everything on the
new one.
Incidently Jim has downloaded an new one so you might want to use it.

Dick H.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jmbruegge" <jmbruegge@xxx> wrote:

> I downloaded his zip file of stocks.zip at his site -
>  http://www.icc-az.com/Update-AB.html -
>
> Now being a newbie, I tried to follow his instructions and could not
> load the symbols. I am "technologically challanged" right now, so can
> anyone be kind enough to step by step list how I can get his symbols
> to show up into my AB program. I unzipped fine, saved into my C:
> drive, and then tried to open that database in AB and Iit wil not come
> up. I cannot find any help files at all in AB showing how to load a
> new database.
>
> I bot this program and am now stuck. PLEASE HELP !!
>
> Thank you -
>
> JMB
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "areehoi" <rhoierman@> wrote:
> >
> > Wake up ... the USStocks database has been updated regulary by Jim
> > Swindle, see his messsage # 105798 for the latest.  Download the
> > template and follow his instructions.  Good luck
> >
> > Dick Hoierman
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jmbruegge" <jmbruegge@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Does anyone know where to look for a newer list of tickers that
I can
> > > load into AB and Amiquote for Yahoo ? The USStocksTemplate.exe file
> > > AB recommends is from a few years ago ?
> > >

> > > Thanks greatly
> > >
> > > John B.

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM