RE: [amibroker] Re: OpenTick - anybody using them?

The symbol for the Dow $5 contract is /YMM7-EC.  There were problems requesting historical data for futures.  That has been fixed.  There were also problems with the  5 and 15 second interval.  That also has been fixed.  Make sure that you are running version 0.1.2.  Remember that this is still alpha software and has not even reached beta status.  Probably the biggest problem, now,  is that the data is not being stored to the local database.  You restart AB and the data is gone.  A request to AB support has been made and they are waiting for a replay.
-----Original Message-----
From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of dbw451
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:46 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: OpenTick - anybody using them?

I took a look at historical stock data for MSFT and noticed a lot of bad (or maybe late) ticks which cause big spikes up and down on my charts.  I’m guessing that those ticks are there in raw data feeds and services like eSignal and DTN filter them out.  Since IB takes 200ms snapshots, it would be rare to exactly catch one of those blips using an IB feed.

The CBOT does not charge an exchange fee for its real-time e-minis, so it’s also free with opentick.  Once I can get a valid YM symbol, I would like to test the opentick YM in real-time.

Thanks,

David