[amibroker] Re: Zweig 4% Rule/System

I don't think that is his problem. I believe he needs to change the
state using Flip i.e. sell=Flip(VSell,VBuy);

John

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian.z123" <brian.z123@xxx>
wrote:

> DM,
>
> I don't think it matters if you stipulate Fri or not.
>
> Fri Close is the *default* close for weekly bars.
>
> In 2006 only one week did not close on a Fri (public holiday?) in
the
> US market (4/13/2006 was a Thursday weekly close).
>
> I think that if you accepted the weekly close for all weeks your
> backtests would not be adversely affected.
>
> The only week that is compromised is the current week, so for
> backtesting if you set the range to avoid the current week you
should
> be OK.
>
> If you are in weekly bars that would leave you with:
>
> sell = C < HHC(C,52) * 0.96;
>
> If you are using daily bars:
>
> WC = TimeFrameCompress(Close,inWeekly);
>
> sell = WC < HHV(WC,52) * 0.96;
>
> WC code courtesy of Ami AFL reference.
>
> BrianB2
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Dave McLeod <dmcleod1981@> wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to code the Zweig 4% reversal system but I am not
> catching on as to how to limit the buys and sells from each week.
> >
> >   Your supposed to buy if the Close drops 4% below the HHV of
the
> last 52 weeks and buy if the Close is greater than the LLV of the
> last 52 weeks based on Fridays close.
> >
> >   Here is what I have so far.
> >
> >   DOW=DayOfWeek()==5;
> >   Hi=HHV(Close,52);
> >   Lo=LLV(Close,52);
> >   VBuy = Close*1.04>=Ref(Lo,-1) AND DOW;
> >   VSell = Close*.96<=Ref(Hi,-1) AND DOW;
> >   Buy = ExRem(VBuy,VSell);
> >   Sell = ExRem(VSell,VBuy);
> >
> >   This buys and then sells each week. I am obviously not using
> exrem correctly and it still buys weekly wether I have DOW in or
out.

> >   If someone could point out my mistakes that would be great.
> >
> >   Thanks
> >   DM

> > We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love
> > (and love to hate): Yahoo! TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

Transfer from your equities account.
Receive up to $1,000 from GFT. Click here to learn more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aZttyC/X_xQAA/cosFAA/GHeqlB/TM