Re: [amibroker] Feed on AmiBroker from IB

Thanks Thomas, that does help explain the data loss a number of us have been seeing.
I had been doing the scan in the morning, not the end, and was under the impression that doing a database save-all would save all date that had been collected.

Having to perform a scan just to write my data seems a bit counter-intuative
Is there any chance you would consider changing AB so that this save is done automatically?

Re IQ/Esig vs IB.   I agree, the backfill is bad and slow.  But it is adequate for my needs.  I only trade a few stocks and the eminis
I am quite happy to wait a few minute for the backfill and put up with IB's limitations in this area.
All feeds have problems from time to time, but I have found the IB R/T feed to be more than adequate .. it kept up nicely during tuesdays free fall.
I think you have a number of users in this category.

IB TWS has one very big advantage over any of the other feeds
I often access my TWS data from another computer over my home lan.  None of the the other feeds allow this.  In fact, they go out of their way to prevent it.   And I can get two feeds from IB, just by opening a paper trading account.  Again, this gives me the flexibility I sometimes need.

Regarding IB Plugin enhancements ...  I offer my short list for your consideration
1) Autosave all collected data when I exit AB or press the save all button
2) Allow backfill for tick data .  I have used several other programs using the IB feed and they allow this.
     -  I know it's not real 'tick' data.  I want it for 'volume' based charts, and its' more than adequate for that need.
     -  doesn't have to be 30 days .. can be much less... provided I can reliably save the data as per the file-save request above.
3) - Daily Historical data ...

Thanks again !