[amibroker] Re: I think the real defect of Amibroker is charting

I think Amibrokers Charting is very good. (I have used many other
platforms)

I agree with the other posters here.
Please advise what is missing in your opinion.

Thomasz will likely advise you on how to adjust your settings to
duplicate whatever you are looking for, or possbly add what is
lacking in your opinion.

What more could you ask for?

:-)

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian.z123" <brian.z123@xxx> wrote:

> Hello Trading Humble,
>
> I am not having a go at you or pushing any agenda; I am trying to
> understand what the chartists want for my own reasons
> (if they are using charts in a way that I am not and it is
> contributing to their trading success I want to know about it).
>
> The problem is no-one can specify what it is they are after
> (including screenshots).
>
> Rakesh lists some studies; fair enough, you've definitely drawn
some
> empathy from me.
> Without the facts, however, I can't decide either way, but I assume
> Tomasz must have his reasons why he didn't implement the
suggestions.

> [...]
>
> I think it looks quite nice and it is visually pleasant while
working
> in it.
> We have a choice of skins.
>

> I have had a quick look at the Ensign site and I don't agree that
the
> chart quality is superior although the web page is more artistic.
>
> Crispy can only be an issue of resolution or contrast.
> Isn't the resolution the same for most of us (depending on computer
> graphics card)?
> How can another software package have superior resolution to Ami?
> Would it show on my computer if it did?
>
> Contrast comes down to the colours used; two adjacent lines look
> different depending on the colours used or perspective.
>
> How do we add perspective to 2D charts.
> Anyway, once again 3D is arty but seldom functional in software.
> Of course Ami does have 3D where it counts; in the optimised output.
>
> Doesn't Ami have a full colour palette the equal of other software
> and don't we have the option to change colour settings?
>
> Ensign uses a lot of colour which looks *arty*, but does it have a
> function other than entertainment?
>
> I love pink, but I am not sure about it in my candlesticks.
>
> I don't agree that the Ensign charts look any better than Ami's.
>
> It can't be in the fonts, as they are standard.
> Where is the difference?
>
> Ensign appears to have some extra studies and drawing tools; are
they
> what people want?
>
> If so why not put forward a well researched and referenced request
> with screenshots.
> Advertise it here and submit it to suggestions and I am sure you
will
> get a hearing.
> Some of the fence sitters, like me, may even join in the chorus
> asking Tomasz to implement them.
>
> As for ease of use; how exactly is the way we use Ami's drawing
tools
> any different from other programs (point & click)?
>
> As I said, I am looking to buy your arguments but no one has made a
> tempting offer so far.
>
> Regards,
>
> BrianB2.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tradinghumble" <sharp2be@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Just adding to the opinions here, I think AB is the king of
> > backtesting and programming but I have to agree that it lacks
when
> > comes to charting... and I'm not talking about indicators, I'm
> > talking about "charting, quality, graphics, etc" ... I've brought
> > this issue up many times but noone seems to understand it... I
> guess
> > you have to use TradesStation or even Ensign and QT to understand
> > what I mean by crispy ... on the other hand, I've hard people
> > comparing AB to Metastock.. now, that's silly, AB is miles away
> from
> > Metastock , 15 times better... so, in summary, if your think is
EOD
> > charts and your main focus is automation, there's no better place
> > than AB...
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rik Rasmussen" <hrasmussen@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > You do not mention any way you find it to be inferior.
> > >
> > > What is it about the charts that you find lacking?
> > >
> > > Rik Rasmussen

developing/backtesting/automatic